Selected research papers
Dynamical algebraic combinatorics
- Symmetry of Narayana numbers and rowvacuation of root posets, with Colin Defant. Preprint, 2021, arXiv:2101.02329.
- The birational Lalanne-Kreweras involution, with Michael Joseph. Preprint, 2020, arXiv:2012.15795.
- Order polynomial product formulas and poset dynamics. Preprint, 2020, arXiv:2006.01568. For the AMS volume on Open Problems in Algebraic Combinatorics, to accompany the 2022 conference at UMN.
- Promotion of Kreweras words, with Martin Rubey. Preprint, 2020, arXiv:2005.14031.
- Cyclic sieving for plane partitions and symmetry. SIGMA Symmetry Integrability Geom. Methods Appl., 16, 2020.
Enumeration of plane partitions
- q-Enumeration of barely set-valued tableaux and plane partitions, with Alexander Lazar and Svante Linusson. In preparation, 2021.
- Plane partitions of shifted double staircase shape, with Tri Lai. Preprint, 2020, arXiv:2007.05381. To appear in Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A.
Expectations of combinatorial statistics
- Homomesy via toggeleability statistics, with Colin Defant, Svetlana Poznanović, and James Propp. In preparation, 2021.
- Minuscule doppelgängers, the coincidental down-degree expectations property, and rowmotion. Preprint, 2019, arXiv:1902.07301. To appear in Experimental Mathematics.
- The CDE property for skew vexillary permutations. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 168, 2019.
- The CDE property for minuscule lattices. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 152, 2017.
- The expected jaggedness of order ideals, with Melody Chan, Shahrzad Haddadan, and Luca Moci. Forum of Mathematics, Sigma, 5, 2017.
- A note on statistical averages for oscillating tableaux, with Ingrid Zhang. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 22(2), 2015.
Labeled chip-firing and root system chip-firing
A positive formula for the Ehrhart-like polynomials from root system chip-firing, with Alexander Postnikov. Algebraic Combinatorics, 2(6), 2019.
- Root system chip-firing II: Central-firing, with Pavel Galashin, Thomas McConville, and Alexander Postnikov. Preprint, 2017, arXiv:1708.04849. To appear in International Mathematics Research Notices.
- Root system chip-firing I: Interval-firing, with Pavel Galashin, Thomas McConville, and Alexander Postnikov. Mathematische Zeitschrift, 292(3-4), 2019.
- Sorting via chip-firing, with Thomas McConville and James Propp. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 24(3), 2017.
Graph orientations and the Tutte polynomial
Other mathematical writing
- Slides from my 2020 talk on order polynomial product formulas and poset dynamics at the University of Minnesota combinatorics seminar.
- Slides from my 2019 talk on the coincidental down-degree expectations (CDE) phenomenon at the LaCIM combinatorics seminar.
- Slides from my 2017 talk on root system chip-firing at the University of Minnesota combinatorics seminar.
- Problems from the 2015 CMO-BIRS sandpile workshop.
- Slides from my 2015 talk on fourientations and the Tutte polynomial at the Cornell probability seminar.
- Notes from the 2015 AIM workshop on dynamical algebraic combinatorics.
- Slides from my 2014 talk on bigraphical arrangements at FPSAC, Chicago.
- RSK via local transformations. An expository article based on MIT combinatorics preseminar presentations of Alex Postnikov. 2014.
- Problems from the 2013 AIM workshop on chip-firing.